Genius Nutrition® GlycoGex represents a true breakthrough in the carbohydrate technology. Our formula provides high class Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD), Citrulline Malate and Electrolytes+ to supply your body with what it needs before, during, and after your intense workouts for the best performance, pump and super fast glycogen replenishment.
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin is clinically validated to increase performance to tremendous levels while limiting any semblance of gastrointestinal distress. Carbs of yesteryear’s supplements like dextrose, sucrose or maltodextrin is their slower gastric emptying rate, which delayed intestinal absorption and transport to your muscles. HBCD on the other hand, has a low osmolality, and high molecular weight, which means it flies through your GI system and then it’s onto supply your muscles with a easy to use form of energy. For a pre, intra, or post workout carb, HBCD is exactly what you want as it gets to the muscles rapidly to get to work supplying your muscles with energy and the materials to rebuild and recover, thus keeping performance high. Users who train with HBCD often notice faster energy and stronger pumps while weight training – this truly seems to be the carb that everyone had spent decades chasing. HBCD osmolality is an indicator of how fast a liquid will move through the stomach, which is why no carbohydrate on the market can rival the effectiveness of HBCD.
For improved muscle pumps thanks to its ability to increase nitric oxide in the blood stream. Nitric oxide acts as a vasodilator in the body, meaning it’ll cause the blood vessels to dilate. This leads to increased oxygen and blood flow to those tissues, and better nutrient delivery. Citrulline also may enhanced growth hormone release, leading to improved muscular development and fat loss. Growth hormone is one of the most powerful hormones in the body when it comes to building a better physique and it turns out that L-Citrulline may augment its release. One study published in the European Journal of Applied Physiology noted that when subjects supplemented with oral L-Citrulline, they saw an increase in growth hormone production to the tune of 66.8%.
Your body uses electrolytes to help with nerve and muscle function. Both of these functions are obviously essential for any type of exercise, especially bodybuilding training and performance.
• Best glycogen replenishment
• High molecular weight
• Low osmolarity
• High solubility
• Excellent digestibility
• No stomach discomforts
• Added Citrulline & Electrolytes+
1. Takli H, et al. Fluids containing a highly branched cyclic dextrin influence the gastric emptying rate. Int J Sport Med. (2005)
2. Takahashi F, et al. Effects of ingesting highly branched cyclic dextrin during endurance exercise on rating of perceived exertion and blood components associated with energy metabolism. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, Vol. 78, Issue 12 (2014)
3. Sureda, A., Cordova, A., Ferrer, M. D., Perez, G., Tur, J. A., & Pons, A. (2010). L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. European journal of applied physiology,110(2), 341-351.